In partnership with Austrade, The Australia-Indonesia Centre delivered a series of seminars around Australia to promote the Indonesia Australia Business Week 2015.
Over 300 business people joined the seminars in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Darwin from September 21 to 30. The seminars were hosted by PwC and the Indonesian Consulate in Darwin.
All across the country, the Centre collaborated with the Australia-Indonesia Business Council, State Governments, Indonesian Government missions and peak industry associations to promote business opportunities in Indonesia.
The seminars covered a wide variety of opportunities in education, agriculture, manufacturing, tourism, resources, energy, infrastructure, healthcare, food and beverage, design, and the creative industries.
Leading keynote speakers volunteered, including:
• Sri Sultan Hamengku Buwono X, Sultan of Yogyakarta
• His Excellency Nadjib Riphat Kesoema, Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Australia and Vanuatu
• Dino Patti Djalal, former Deputy Foreign Minister, Republic of Indonesia
• Katrina Fong Lim, Lord Mayor of Darwin
• Hon. Philip Dalidakis, Victorian Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade
• Mahendra Siregar, Former Chairman of Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM)
• Representatives from Austrade, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Trade & Investment Queensland, PwC, ANZ, Australia-Indonesia Businesswomen Network, Council of Textile and Fashion Industries, Woolmark, Northern Territory Cattle Association