In 2016, the Australia-Indonesia Centre, in partnership with the Indonesia Financial Services Authority (OJK), launched the inaugural Australia-Indonesia Financial Leaders Program.
Capitalising on the success of the previous diplomatic leaders programs, the AIFLP aimed to bring together senior members of OJK with leaders from Indonesia’s private sector across financial services, insurance, consultancy and retail banking.
Twenty-seven delegates visited Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne, sharing knowledge and building networks with Australian government financial regulators, private finance institutions and consultancy firms.
The delegates participated in :
- Dialogues with Australian government representatives from ASIC, APRA, AUSTRAC, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Treasury
- Workshops and presentations from PwC, ANZ, and Bank of Melbourne
- Dinner events and roundtable discussions with QBE Insurance and Baker & McKenzie
- An executive leadership training course from Monash Business School
- A dialogue with Federal Minister for Revenue and Financial Services, The Hon Kelly O’Dwyer MP
- Cultural and networking events